Monday, December 17, 2007

Doce días de mis Krismas - Day 9

the Spanglich version
Posted each day, beginning Dec. 15th

(Esa's voice in red; Ese's voice in black)

On the 9th día 'til mis Krismas My true love gave to me, 9 chicas prancing ...

Slam!
"So what happened?"
"Qué chingaus! You wouldn't believe how p-o'd your people can get."
Honk! Honk! Honk! Honk! Honk!
"See what I mean?"
"Know what I figured out while you were gone, Cariño?--that you're getting me perfume for Krismas."
"What gives you that idea, Esa?"
"Your clothes stink like you laid on the Chanel counter at cómo-se-llama's."
"I haven't been near the mall. It must be--"
"Must be what? Dioses mios, not that! You go to that chichi bar, again?"
"But, mi corazón--"
"You've got your body parts mixed up, Ese. Why do you even go there?"
"The boys, you know."
"You boys should staple your money to your wallets and stick broken glass in your chones."
"But, Amor, it's just a little entertainment."
"Naked sinverbuënzas with big plastic ones ain't entertainment. Plus, you can't afford it, Sonso. You're no yuppie."
"Okay, I promise ..."
"Promise what?"
"... to only have lascivious thoughts about you, mi osita preciosa."
"Now I think I'm being insulted. And at this time of the year, to boot!"
"That's not what I meant, estrellita mia."
"I'll show you some stars if you come home smelling like that, again."
"Como tu dices, mi angelita, como siempre."

(Continued on Day 8.)
© Rudy Ch. Garcia

No comments: